When I think about our Creative by Design community and the bond that is growing, there are certain songs that come to mind. The one song over the past year that has stood out most to me is 'Brother' by NEEDTOBREATHE. It reminds me of 1 Corinthians 12:26
It has always amazed me the connection we share through our LORD and Creator. It is comforting to know that through trials and joy, pain and suffering, we can rely on each other. It helps to realize that others have been through the same trials we face and are reaching out a hand to pull us out of whatever valley we may be in at the moment. It is also good to have a shared bond to understand what true joy is, where it comes from, and how it gives us hope to reach the mountaintop.
This gave me an idea. If a mix tape existed for CBD, what would it sound like? I felt like the mix needed to have a similar earthy and raw sound like 'Brother' since we are essentially clay in the hands of our Potter.
And so, my search began ...
I started listening to other genres besides Christian. Ryan Slater had recently shared Sturgill Simpson's music with me, which I fell in love with instantly. I also have been a huge Leon Bridges fan ever since Ben Stafford shared 'Coming Home' with me, many months before Leon even had an album. Also, my recent move out of the city lines, near a home Hank Williams once owned, I've also been getting back to the roots of country music.
And so, the mix began to take shape and I want to share it with you today. Enjoy.
- Brother – NEEDTOBREATHE – 4:49
- Keep it Between the Lines – Sturgill Simpson – 4:01
- State I'm In – NEEDTOBREATHE – 3:53
- River – Leon Bridges – 3:59
- Lift Your Head Weary Sinner (Chains) – Crowder – 3:45
- The War Inside – Switchfoot – 3:39
- Washed by the Water – NEEDTOBREATHE – 3:28
- Good Good Father – Chris Tomlin – 4:57
- Soul on Fire – Third Day – 4:57
- Thrive – Casting Crowns – 5:05
- I Saw the Light – Hank Williams – 2:43
- Say it Like Your Mean it – Switchfoot – 3:53
- Art in Me – Jars of Clay – 3:58
- The Dirt Road – Sawyer Brown – 2:52